- Your business will receive tax credits for your donation to Saint Joseph High School.
- You may donate up to $400,000 each year.
- You will receive tax credits equal to 90% of the total contribution if your business makes a commitment to contribute for two consecutive years.
- You will receive tax credits equal to 75% of the total contribution if your business makes a commitment to contribute for one year.
- Claiming both a PA State tax credit and a federal tax deduction could mean that your donation will result in a 100% tax savings for your business for the amount donated.
The Application Process: It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1.) Apply online.
For assistance with your application, contact Development Director Christie Benton: (724) 226-8043
2.) Wait for approval.
Watch your mailbox for an approval letter from the state.
3.) Make your contribution within 60 days of approval.
Make check payable to “Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship” with a note on the memo line that the gift is restricted for students attending Saint Joseph High School. Mail to the school at 800 Montana Avenue, Natrona Heights, PA 15065.
- The Diocese of Pittsburgh will acknowledge your contribution to the DCED (PA Department of Community and Economic Development). Then, the DCED will notify the PA Department of Revenue to apply the credit to your business tax account. You will receive a notice of this credit. Your credit will be applied as if it was paid at the beginning of the tax year. The credit is taken as a payment of taxes on your annual tax return filing. Note: Pass-through entities that are passing the credit to the business owners must file an irrevocable election form with PA Dept of Revenue by the due date.
- Questions? Contact Development Director Christie Benton: (724) 226-8043