Parents, Guardians and Students, please read and familiarize yourself with the policies listed below. You will acknowledge that you have read these by signing the bottom of the form below.
As a parent of a student in a Catholic school, I understand, affirm, and support the following:
The primary purpose of a Catholic school education is to form students in the values of Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Catholic Church.
Catholic schools are distinctive religious education institutions operated as programs of the Catholic Church; they are not private schools but are administered and supported by the sponsoring parish(es) and the diocese.
Attending a Catholic school is a privilege, not a right.
While academic excellence and involvement in extracurricular activity (i.e., sports, clubs, etc.) are important, fidelity to the Catholic identity of the school is the fundamental priority.
The school and its administration have the responsibility to ensure the Catholic values and moral integrity permeates every facet of the school’s life and activity.
In all questions involving faith, morals, faith teaching, and Church law, the final determination rests with the diocesan bishop.
As a parent desiring to enroll my child in a Catholic school, I accept this memorandum of understanding. I pledge support for the Catholic identity ad mission of this school and by enrolling my child I commit myself to uphold all the principles and policies that govern a Catholic school.
Saint Joseph High School is privileged to be a partner with parents in the religious and moral formation of their sons and daughters. Mutual cooperation, trust, and support are essential for the fulfillment of this responsibility.
By enrolling your child at Saint Joseph High School, you agree to support its policies.
We ask you, therefore, to become familiar with the school’s philosophy, regulations, and procedures.
Parents/guardians are required to state that they have read the Student/Parent Handbook, that they accept Saint Joseph High School’s philosophy, policies and procedures, and that they and their child will comply with them.
State Law (Act 195) authorizes the loan of textbooks by the Secretary of Education to students enrolled in nonpublic schools and (Act 90) authorizes the loan of instructional materials. Saint Joseph High School participates in this loan program. The law requires, however, that a parent/guardian of each student attending the nonpublic school individually request a loan of textbooks and instructional materials. Thank you for your continued assistance and cooperation.
I hereby request the loan of textbooks and instructional materials in accordance with Pennsylvania Act 195 and Act 90 for my child/ren attending Saint Joseph High School.
The use of the Internet, electronic mail and telephones at Saint Joseph High School is a privilege and not a right. I understand and will abide by the Internet Use agreement. I further understand that any violation of these regulations is unethical and may constitute a criminal offense. Should I commit any violation my access privileges may be revoked and school disciplinary action may be taken.
*** Please refer to the SJHS Student/Parent Handbook Computer, Telecommunication and Network Access Policies.
As the student, I have read the rules for acceptable on-line behavior and use of the telephone. I understand the rules and agree to comply with the above stated rules.
As the parent/guardian, I have read and discussed with my child the Computer, Telecommunication and Network Access Policies. I understand that access is designed for educational purposes. I give my permission for my child to access the Internet while supervised at Saint Joseph High School.
Permission is hereby granted to the Department of Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Pittsburgh and Saint Joseph High School to use recordings, photographs, video, written material, and quotations of:
To assist in its community awareness, educational efforts, and related public relations purposes. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in the endeavors of the Department of Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Pittsburgh and Saint Joseph High School, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Department of Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, the Diocese of Pittsburgh, and Saint Joseph High School, their agents, servants and employees from any and all claims, demands, and/or causes of action of whatever kind or nature arising from the use of voice recordings, photographs, video, written material, and quotations.
I further agree that I waive any right for compensation, fee, or royalty for aforesaid materials.
- We will take proper care of the Apple iPad that has been assigned to me, including but not limited to keeping it clear of food and beverages, keeping it in the school case when not in use, not stacking objects on it, not leaving the iPad outside or near water, and being accountable for the iPad at all times.
- We understand and will adhere to school policies, procedures, and fees outlined in the Student Handbook and Saint Joseph High School's Acceptable Use Policy.
- We understand that I am responsible for all damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse. If I lose the iPad or damage incurred, we understand that we will be required to pay for a replacement iPad or for the repair of damage beyond normal wear and tear that may not be covered by the warranty.
- We will not leave the iPad in an unlocked locker.
- We will not loan the charger and cords to others.
- We will notify the school immediately in case of theft, vandalism or other violation. We will file a report within 24 hours in case of theft or vandalism, and submit a copy of that report to the school for insurances purposes.
- We will not disassemble any part of the iPad nor attempt repairs.
- We will not remove school-required applications.
- We will not deface the serial number, manufacturer labels or school labels on the iPad. I will not place any distinguishing decorations on the iPad that cannot be safely removed.
- We agree to return the iPad, case and power cords in good working order by the date set by Administration when requested for service or when I leave the school for any reason. We understand that failure to do so will result in the replacement fee of $505 being added to our financial account with Saint Joseph High School.
- We understand my iPad is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of Saint Joseph High School.
- We understand that the iPad and all parts of the power cord are to be returned to Saint Joseph High School upon my departure from Saint Joseph High School.
- I understand there is there is an annual Technology Fee (grade 9 $150, 10 $125, 11 $125, 12 $100) which covers your student’s IPad device management system through “Meraki”, network connectivity, digital security, student email account and Tech support. The fee is due by Monday, September 25th and can be sent to the Office, or contact our Office before September 1st to be placed on a FACTS payment.