Jobs at SJHS
Description: SJHS is seeking a highly organized and efficient Assistant to provide comprehensive administrative support to the President. The Assistant will be responsible for coordinating meetings, handling correspondence, and maintaining confidential records. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Understand, embrace and implement the school’s mission and philosophy, participate in the Christ-centered life of the school and model the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the President and leadership team,including managing calendars and scheduling appointments.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, reports, and other documents as required.
- Handle incoming and outgoing communications, including phone calls, emails and mail, and ensure timely and appropriate responses.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, including preparing agendas, taking minutes and distributing follow-up actions.
- Maintain confidential files and records, exercising utmost discretion and professionalism in handling sensitive information.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of administrative team level meetings, board and board committee meetings, and events.
- Coordinate visits from outside guests to the school.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by the President.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience as an assistant or in a similar administrative support role.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive information with discretion and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with administrative team, colleagues, students, parents and stakeholders.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and deadlines.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to: Beverly Kaniecki, President of Saint Joseph High School, bkaniecki@SaintJosephHS.com. Please include Assistant to the President Position in the subject line.
Boys Basketball – Varsity Assistant Coach / Head JV Coach
Girls Basketball – Varsity Assistant Coach / Head JV Coach
Head Coach Candidates should have high school coaching experience; collegiate playing/coaching experience is welcomed. Preferred candidates must have the ability to build successful JV and varsity teams. The selected candidate will build a positive, respectful environment with the team and develop a rapport with the community. The head coach will be responsible for assembling their coaching staff, and coordinating the Varsity, and JV Programs with the Athletic Director, in accordance with WPIAL/PIAA regulations. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: off-season training plan, strength & conditioning program.
Assistant Coach Candidates should have high school coaching experience; collegiate playing/coaching experience is welcomed. Preferred candidates must have the ability to work with the Head Coach and help build successful JV and varsity teams. The selected candidate will build a positive, respectful environment with the team and develop a rapport with the community.
Interested applicants please forward resume, and at least 2 recent letters of recommendation to Sally Ackerman at sackerman@SaintJosephHS.com. Position open until filled. Act 34, Act 151, Act 114, and other clearances necessary after selection process.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, all PA required clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal, FBI Fingerprinting) to: Kimberly Minick, Assistant Principal. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Substitute on the subject line.
SJHS seeks a part-time English Literature Teacher for the 2023-24 school year. Primary responsibilities include teaching two sections of grade 12 College in High School English Literature. Competitive candidates must hold a current Pennsylvania certificate (English 7-12) and /or a Master’s Degree in English Literature.
As a Catholic high school, it is essential that the ideal candidate demonstrates a willingness and commitment to participate in our school community supporting the mission, philosophy and Catholic values of our school.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, all PA required clearances, current PA certification (English 7-12) to: Kimberly Minick, Principal. Email: email@example.com. Please include "English Position" in the subject line.