Saint Joseph High School is a unique community of learners whose worth is measured in beliefs, values, and relationships that connect us to one another and to God. There are many ways to support the students of SJHS. Charitable donations to Saint Joseph High School are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Gifts of cash, pledges, corporate matching funds, American Express Rewards Points (MembersGive), appreciated property, property that has lost value, real estate, securities, closely held stock, and EITC/OSTC are accepted.
To learn more or make a gift, contact Development Director Christie Benton: (724) 226-8043
Saint Joseph High School is filled with exceptional joy, having celebrated 100 years of affirming the spirit of our patron – living the ordinary in extraordinary ways. As we plan for the future of our beloved school, we must address financial issues that challenge us in fulfilling our mission through the next century—teachers and resources for our nationally recognized academic programs and scholarship / financial aid funds for our students and their families. In this spirit, Saint Joseph High School has launched a Centennial Celebration Campaign, Opening Doors, Unlocking Potential, with a goal of $2M. In addition, 100% of our faculty have pledged their support! Through five-year pledge periods and a variety of ways to give, all members of the SJHS community have an opportunity to contribute to the school’s future in a meaningful way. Now is the time for all those within our community to help carry Saint Joseph High School’s mission—preparing students for college, life, and heaven—into the future.
The Annual Fund is essential to sustaining the standard of academic excellence that Saint Joseph High School has offered for over 100 years! To keep an SJHS education affordable for all families, tuition is set at approximately 85% of the cost-per-pupil. Saint Joseph High School commits to raising the remainder. Annual Fund gifts help to meet this commitment to students and their families.
Students of all backgrounds are welcomed into this community rooted in Gospel values. Building the Scholarship Fund ensures that financial means will never be a barrier to an SJHS education.
- Named endowed scholarships can be established with a minimum contribution of $25,000.
- Named annual scholarships can be established with an annual donation of $1,000.
- Donations to the general scholarship fund are always welcome. Consider a $50 donation to sponsor one student for one day.
- Remember a loved one, friend, special teacher, or valued colleague in a meaningful way—a living memorial to provide the young people of Saint Joseph High School with an education rooted in Gospel values.
- Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, marriage, or special occasion; honor an individual, team, or cast in a significant way—an honorary contribution to provide the young people of Saint Joseph High School with an education rooted in Gospel values.
- All such donations are recognized with a card, mailed from the school to the recipient, and a listing in the Annual Report. The donor will also receive an acknowledgement letter from the school.
Spartan Scramble is Saint Joseph High School’s annual fundraiser. The day begins with 18 holes of golf and ends with a dinner and auction. It is a day of fun and fellowship for students, parents, alumni, and friends of SJHS. Support comes in many forms—auction item donors, sponsors, volunteers, and participants. The event is held annually at Lenape Heights Golf Resort in Ford City, PA.
Mark your calendar: Monday, June 11, 2018
Last year's event was a sell out. Register early!
The Dlubak Athletic Center has allowed Saint Joseph High School’s athletics program to grow dramatically! Multi-level sponsorships help to fund these expanded programs. Watch for details about 2017-18 opportunities.
- Alumni & Friends: Estate plans can ensure that Saint Joseph High School’s mission continues far into the future. A planned gift includes but is not limited to bequests, charitable annuities and remainder trusts, life insurance policies, and securities.
- Graduating Students: As you transition into the next chapter of your life’s story, consider adding an item to your graduation gift list—a locker or team chair.
Many companies match monetary donations or volunteer hours of employees or retirees to Saint Joseph High School. This could double your gift to the school. Ask your human resources department for information! We currently receive matching gifts from employees and retirees of GE Foundation, PNC Bank Foundation, and PPG.
Pennsylvania provides tax credit to eligible businesses that contribute to a scholarship organization and/or and educational improvement organization through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit program. This means that business owners may direct their tax dollars to Saint Joseph High School. Funds received from EITC provide tuition assistance for families who meet state guidelines. These funds directly impact the ability of many students to attend Saint Joseph High School!
You shop, Amazon gives. It’s that simple. Support Saint Joseph High School every time you shop with Amazon. Enjoy the same products, same prices, same service, with a portion of your purchase donated to SJHS. Get started by clicking the link below!
Would you like to help Saint Joseph High School while you shop? It’s easy. Whenever you purchase everyday items at the Mall at iGive, up to 26% of your purchase is donated to Saint Joseph High School at NO COST to you! Access over 600 brand-name merchants like Barnes & Noble, Eddie Bauer, Lands’ End, and PetSmart.
Apples for Students
Register your Giant Eagle Advantage Card for Saint Joseph High School. You will continue to receive all the regular benefits from your account, including FuelPerks. Anyone can participate – parents, alumni, and friends. All cards may be registered for two schools.
SJHS School ID: 1099
Click here to register your Giant Eagle Advantage Card!
You can’t beat these odds! Only 500 tickets will be sold at $100 each. Prizes are as follows: 1 grand prize of $20,000 and three runner-up prizes of $1,000 each. Drawing will be held on Monday, June 12th during the Spartan Scramble: Golf, Dinner, Auction at Lenape Heights Golf Resort. Winner need not be present. Questions? Contact Development Director Christie Benton: (724) 226-8043, firstname.lastname@example.org
Oops! We could not locate your form.